Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Prayer


My friend's husband, 32, is fighting cancer. I visit their caringbridge.org site often to encourage and uplift them. I saw this amazing prayer someone left for them today. I printed it out and have it hanging over my computer so I can remember to pray big prayers during my own personal struggles. Especially now. I've edited the verbage to fit me. Feel free to do the same.
"Lord of Heaven and Earth, God of All Creation, you are the Holy One who looks at us and in us and sees all. Infuse me with your perfect Spirit and encourage me with your perfect love. Draw me and my children with cords of loving kindness to yourself and to each other. Create peace in us we can't even fathom, especially in this situation where others often find confusion and fear. Mend my body and keep infections and symptoms away. Place your angels to guard my children and keep them safe. Develop their faith as they watch their Mother try hard to walk in fellowship and joy with you. Envelope the whole family in confidence, blessed assurance that you are abiding with them as this experience unfolds. Grant financial peace to them as they obediently serve you and each other. Give us the patience we need to wait in the waiting times and energy for the very long days we must sometimes face. We love you and trust you and thank you in the midst of this. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."